Wednesday 8 January 2014

Madhur Vada

Madhur Vada is my mom's speciality! It has a unique taste to it and is my favorite among all vadas. Last evening when I was back from work, mom surprised me with my favorite Madhur Vada and I am very happy to share with you all this recipe from my mom's cheerful kitchen :) :)


INGREDIENTS

  • Rava (Semolina) - 1/4 cup
  • Rice flour - 1/4 cup
  • Wheat flour - 1/4 cup
  • Maida - 1/4 cup
  • Onions - 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
  • Coriander leaves - 1 Tbsp (finely chopped)
  • Curry leaves - 1 Tbsp (finely chopped)
  • Green chilles - 1/2 Tbsp (finely chopped)
  • Salt - as required
  • Oil - for deep frying


METHOD:

  1. Mix all the ingredients except oil in a bowl
  2. Heat 2 Tbsp of oil and add it to the flour mixture. Bind them together by mixing using your finger tips
  3. Divide the flour into equal portions
  4. Sprinkle water to the first portion, so that it becomes a thick dough*. Roll it like a ball
  5. Flatten this on a plastic sheet or plantain leaf into a thin vada
  6. Prick small holes in it with the help of fork (this helps the vada to be crisp)
  7. Deep fry in hot oil till crisp and brown


*Water has to be sprinkled to each portion separately just before frying
They can be stored in air-tight container for 3-4 days at room temperature. But the crispness will be retained only for a day



No comments:

Post a Comment