Wednesday 15 July 2015

They called me CRAZY and then blessed me!

They called me CRAZY - 

NOT because
  • I decided to bake a cake
  • It was the first time I was attempting to create edible bride and groom figurines
  • I was working with buttercream icing during peak summer time

BUT because

  • I decided to make a cake for my own engagement!
  • I spent more hours on planning and executing the cake, than on the time spent for planning my jewels, hairdo, makeup etc
  • I started to get ready on the D-Day only after setting up the cake at the right place in the venue
  • A bride is not supposed to strain herself
  • "Kannu pattudum" (people would be envious)
But when it was the wish of someone special, I didn't mind anyone calling me crazy!

Creating thematic cakes have always been my passion and when my fiance joined me in discussing all aspects of our special cake, right from design, flavor, wordings, color theme etc, my joy grew beyond bounds. 
I decided to give my best right from baking the base cake till packing it and placing it at the right place in the venue. All the effort put in was so worth it when I received an amazing feedback and it made me realize that it is never wrong to treat yourself.

I am happy to share with you all, the sweetest cake till date, from my kitchen. It is an eggless strawberry cake filled with strawberry buttercream. 
And yeah, the edible bride and groom toppers on the cake, were my humble attempt to replicate our look for the D-Day :)



To compliment the cake, I also prepared 5 special cupcake toppers, representing traditional items that would be gifted to the bride in a South Indian wedding (also called Taambulam). Unfortunately I missed to take a pic of the cupcakes, so here is a pic of the cupcake toppers alone.


Apart from the great encouragement by my fiance, I also had the constant support and motivation from my parents and a few close friends, who made it possible for me to attempt something like this.

Anything is possible with pure passion! Stay positive and live life to the fullest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment