Thursday 3 July 2014

Honey Oats Ladoo

Looking for a healthy snack to munch on between meals or in the evening? Here it is - Honey-Oats Ladoo!
Well, let me be frank here, I came across homemade granola bars in Sharmispassions.com and immediately started doing it but my mixture didn't seem to form firm bars, so I ended up making these ladoos! They tasted great, so I thought I would rather post it here. I always ensure that I eat some healthy snack or fruits in the mid-morning around 11 AM. This recipe is a great option for mid morning snack or evening as a tea time snack.



INGREDIENTS: (Makes 5 small ladoos)
  • Quick oats - 1/2 cup
  • Cornflakes - 2 tablespoons
  • Dry fruits and nuts - 1/4 cup (I used almonds, walnuts, dry grapes and dates. This is absolutely your choice)
  • Butter - 1/2 tablespoon
  • Water - 1/2 tablespoon
  • Sugar - 1/2 tablespoon
  • Vanilla extract - 1/4 teaspoon (optional)


METHOD:
  1. Dry roast the quick oats, cornflakes, dry fruits and nuts. Make sure not to overdo it as the oats would burn
  2. Once a nice aroma starts to come, switch off the heat and keep the mixture aside
  3. In the same pan, melt the butter and add in the sugar, water and honey
  4. Once the honey mixture starts bubbling, add the roasted oats mixture
  5. Mix well and transfer the contents to a plate and spread it. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes
  6. Shape the honey-oats mixture into round balls or ladoos. Store them in air-tight containers and munch on as and when you wish to!


Eating healthy, can be tasty too!

No comments:

Post a Comment