Monday 8 December 2014

My stepping stones in cake decorations

For those of you who are wondering why "My Cheerful Kitchen" has been silent for a while, here is the reason - I have always been passionate about arts, crafts, cooking and baking. When all these could be put together, I just started loving the output!! Yes, I am talking about sugar crafting and cake decorations. I attended wonderful workshops on intensive icing and fondant decorations, conducted by Mrs.Shyamala Sivaraman and Naveena Thangadurai of Yum's the word, respectively. 
I started of by baking special themed cakes for mom and dad's birthdays and when I posted those photos on Facebook, they became and instant hit among my friends and relatives and started getting orders too :)
Managing work and passion is not easy but still when my weekends got busier because of my passion for baking, I loved it! This is why I have not been able to post many recipes over the past few weeks. Will surely try to post them as and when I try out any interesting recipes.
Happy to share with you all the photos of the cakes that I made recently

My First Fondant cake, that I did during the workshop at Yum's the word!! Dedicated to My Cheerful Kitchen :)

Two special cakes that I did during an intensive icing workshop conducted by Mrs. Shyamala Sivaraman. A bonnet cake and a cute little doll cake!



A Shirt cake for my dad's birthday, that represents his office uniform and has their logo and his initials - also a celebration of his 33 years of dedicated service!

A royal cake for my Queen - My mom :) with roses, bow and tiara designs

My first official order! A bike cake made for my friend who wanted to surprise her husband on his birthday :)

A cute love birds cake for a lovely couple on their wedding anniversary!

An elegant swan couple cake for my friend's wedding reception!

Happiness is to keep your passion alive and active! Yes, I am very HAPPY now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment