Friday 12 December 2014

Pepper and Garlic flavored eggless scones



After a series of special themed cakes, it was time to take care of myself. Yes, I've been down with cold and cough. This made me crave for pepper, garlic, honey, ginger and cinnamon. But I was in no mood to prepare something exclusive, nor did I just want to satisfy myself with a pepper-garlic rasam or a hot cup of ginger-honey tea. I wanted something special!! That too with a pleasant and cloudy weather.
Here is what I ended up making - Pepper-Garlic flavored scones and Ginger-honey choco mug cake! All done in just half an hour. Sounds good right?! Do try them out and let me know how they turned out to be.
I came across the recipe for scones in litebite.in and modified it according to my taste and ingredients available.

INGREDIENTS: (Makes 15 scones)
  • Whole wheat flour - 1/2 cup
  • Quick oats - 2 tablespoons
  • Garlic paste - 1/2 teaspoon (I used ginger-garlic paste)
  • Pepper powder - 1/4 teaspoon
  • Salt - a generous pinch
  • Baking powder - 1/4 teaspoon
  • Oil - 2 tablespoons
  • Whisked curd - 1/4 cup


METHOD:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with a grease proof sheet
  2. In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients, except the whisked curds
  3. Rub the mixture with your fingers, to get a crumb texture
  4. Now add in the curd, little at a time and knead into a smooth dough
  5. Roll the dough on a dusted surface or plastic sheet
  6. Cut them in your desired shape and prick each of them with a fork
  7. Place them on the lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or till they turn light golden brown
  8. Remove the tray from the oven and place it on top of the oven for 2-3 minutes. This will ensure that the bottom also receives the necessary heat
  9. Cool the scones on a wire rack and store in air-tight container. Serve them with a hot cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment